cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT logging

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have downloaded "Building Custom devices for NI VeriStand.pdf" from NI website. I have also downloaded example code mentioned in the tutorial. I have copied downloaded files to the respective locations as mentioned in the pdf file.

when I am trying to add "RT logging" custom device in System explorer, i got one error. i have attached those screen shots with this mail.  I searched for Custom Devices Storage.lvlib in my PC, but i am not able to find them.

Can any one please let me know from where i can download them. Will they come with veristand installation?

Thanks,

Harika

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,321 Views)

The Custom Device Storage Library is not what is missing on your machine. That library is an internal library installed in the VeriStand application itself. The file that is missing is the RT Logging Initialization VI, which is one of the custom device VIs you should build as part of the tutorial.

You might first check on disk if the RT Logging Configuration LLB file is really at the specified location, and whether it actually contains the RT Logging Initialization VI. You can use LabVIEW to open the LLB and examine the contents.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,310 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Jarrod

RT Logging Initialization VI is there in my PC in the below path :

..\VeriStand\Custom Devices\National Instruments\RT Logging\RT Logging Configuration.lvllb

I think this is the right path for that.

what i found is RT Logging Initialization VI internally calling VI from Custom Devices Storage.lvlib. But in my PC, that (Custom Devices Storage.lvlib) is missing.

Can you please let me know from where i can download that.

Regards,

Harika

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,294 Views)

The file that is missing is the one noted in the error screen shot you posted at the bottom. That is, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Custom Devices\RT Logging\RT Logging Configuration.llb

I would first verify this file is there

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,286 Views)

Hi,

Can any one look into this issue...Smiley Sad

When i am trying to add custom device to my system definition file , i am getting the error as stated in my first post...

Till now i am not able to resolve that issue...

I have copied RT Logging Configuration.llb and RT Logging Engine.llb in the following path :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Custom Devices\National Instruments\RT Logging

I am also attaching RT Logging Configuration.llb and RT Logging Engine.llb for reference. It has all the required files.but i am not sure why i am getting that error....

Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong....

Thanks,

Harika

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author harika

Hi Harika,

You have all the right files but you've just placed them in the wrong folder. Currently, you have the RT Logging Folder (which contains the libraries) in the National Instruments folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Custom Devices\National Instruments\RT Logging

However, VeriStand is searching in the Custom Devices folder for the RT Logging folder. Just move the RT Logging folder up to the Custom Devices folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Custom Devices\RT Logging

Now you should be able to use the custom device.

Cheers,

Message 6 of 6
(8,153 Views)