VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Network heartbeat

Hello

I'm really appreciated if anyone help me out whether Veristand has network heartbeat functionality on it.

[background]

I use Veristand for HIL with PXI-RT.

For safety reason, I would like to stop other mechanical and electrical facilities when communication between Windows host PC and PXI-RT Target lost for some reasons, such as Windows freeze and Network trouble.

So I would like to detect communication failure on PXI-RT, and then turn off mechanical relay.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks regard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,057 Views)

From where would you actuate the facilities? and how?

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,941 Views)

I would simply use a user a channel within your VS project called PC Watchdog and broadcast your host PC heartbeat to this using the workspace manager over the Veristand gateway

I would then have a simple watchdog "model" (I've taken to thinking of these as scripts as they are just a piece of code and dont have to be models) that outputs a boolean high when your watchdog is trippped

You could have an alarm watch this output from your watchdog model that when tripped runs a procedure that closes relays and such as desired

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,933 Views)

I've used this watchdog method:  https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Configure-Watchdog-in-Veristand/td-p/2717405?profile.language=...

You could adapt it for your needs.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,922 Views)