From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating a DLL model from Simulink

Hi, I’m trying to create a DLL from a Simulink model for using in Veristand, according to this tutorial:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/13066/en/

I have the same model, the same parameters and I'm following all the steps of the video. The building starts but it gives this error: 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Can someone help me? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,409 Views)

I am having exactly the same issue.  Does anyone know what is causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,203 Views)

Hi Robert,

The reported error message suggests to modify the model's configuration parameters to this issue. For example, you can disable logging by unchecking all items in Configuration Parameters >> Data Import/Export, Save to Workspace section. 

Note that this error message is particular to Simulink and not VeriStand. For more information in regards to this particular error, contact MathWorks support.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,199 Views)

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I actually already unchecked all of the Data Import/Export options, figuring that might be related, and I'm still having the issue.  The model builds fine using any of the Mathworks provided target files (such as grt.tlc) it only fails when using the Veristand ones (eventually I need to get NIVeriStand_Linux_ARM_32.tlc working, but I've tried them all) so that led me to believe that the issue is on the VeriStand side.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,183 Views)

Hi, what version of Matlab and VeriStand are you using? 

In my case the problem was the compatibility of Matlab version with VeriStand. I was using matlab r2015b and it is not compatible with VeriStand 2015.

I have solved the problem using the r2014b version. 

This document may help you to solve the issue. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2AE33E926BF2CDF2862579880079D751?OpenDocument

Andrea

Message 5 of 15
(5,177 Views)

Hi Andrea,

I was using MATLAB 2016a.  I assumed newer versions would be compatible, but I guess not?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,174 Views)

Hi Robert,

I think the 2016a version is not compatible too.

According to that document, the 2015a should be the latest compatible version with VeriStand 2015.

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,165 Views)

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the follow-up and recommendations to Robert . You are correct in that VeriStand 2015 officially supports R2010b - R2015a. Note that VeriStand 2015 SP1 extends support to R2015b; however our testing didn't reveal such issue.

Would it possible for you and\or Robert to post the problematic model. I would like to reproduce the issue in R2015b.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,154 Views)

Hi all

Is there already a work around for this problem? Or is the only solution to install Matlab 2015?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,724 Views)

Hello Christian,

What version of VeriStand and Simulink are you encountering this issue? Note that VeriStand 2015 SP1 officially adds support for Simulink R2015b.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,700 Views)