From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical channel specified does not exist on this device.

I have a PXI 6713 for 8 analog outputs(AO_00), PXI6254 for 32 analog inputs and 1 counter output and 1 DIO card PXI6515.  When I try to deploy or run the system definition file I am getting this error. I am creating only Analog Output channels on 6713 device. Please help me in resolving this issue. 

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -200170 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

Physical channel specified does not exist on this device.

Refer to the documentation for channels available on this device.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi:1<append>
Device: AO_00
Physical Channel Name: empty string

Task Name: AO_00_AI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,025 Views)
Hi,

I never used daqmx channel on veristand but in labview , it is obvious to declare the device name and the physical channel name.

Here it seems to be empty.
Have you checked on Max , if your device is correctly named (AO_00) and be careful with the dqmx driver use.

It seems you create a analog input channel while your device integrates analog outputs.

R.kaszubiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,999 Views)

I had a similiar problem. i am using C# and the NI Instruments API.

I have a combo box filled automatically with the channels, but we tried to add manually inside the combobox another value to test, and now it does not work anymore and I can´t find where the value was saved.

We tried to input "ai0;ai1" and the error message always show this value and say that there is no channel with this name. I restored my last commit, but even doing this, the error remains there showing the value. Could you guys help me please?

Thank you in andvance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,119 Views)

Have you tried using the automatic hardware discovery wizard?

Go to the system definition file, click on the chassis, discover hardware, select the hardware and follow the istruccions, this way you avoid the name problems.

Andrés.

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,099 Views)

Hello Andrés, thank you for you answer.

Actually I deleted the combo box and then I had to code it again, and it solved the problem.

Now I am struggling to code the setup that will access 5 channles simultaneously.

if you have any link that could help, I appreciate.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,095 Views)