VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6602 Time counter

Hi,

I want to know if it exists, on VeriStand, a counter (which are compatible with PXI-6602) which can be triggered on signal front (up or down) which return the time at which it is triggered.

I explain you my problem:

I have three counter and two signal. The first counter is triggered by a front up of my first signal, it is the sync counter.

The second is triggered by a front up of the second signal, it is the avance counter.

The last is triggered by a front down of the second signal, it is the pulse counter.

I need to get the time when the sync counter is triggered then I need to get the time when avance and pulse counter are triggered.

I need time because I want to know the duration between the front up  of the two signal, which are the difference between sync and avance counter triggered moment.

Then I need to calculate the pulse width of the second signal, so it is the difference between the avance counter triggered moment and the pulse counter triggered moment.

I can't use Labview to do this. For calculations I do this in a simulink S-function.

I don't want communicate with counter directly by the S-function.

So I need to declare on VeriStand 3 counters which can be triggered by a front of my signals and which return the time of this triggered. How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,777 Views)

Hi!

What type of signal are you looking to trigger off of? Is it Digital or Analog? Were you looking to use a hardware counter in a DAQ device or create a timer in Veristand its self? 

One way to create a timer in Veristand would be to use Calculated Channels. For a single timer, you could create a Conditional Calculated Channel that monitors your signal channel for the condition that the current value is greater than the previous value. If that channel value increases, you could read off the channel value of a timer channel. Doing this for each rising edge of your signal would theoretically yield the time between rising edges that you are looking for. I would take a look at the Calculated Channels tab and see what you can implement there! Let me know if that doesn't work out.

Untitled.png

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,591 Views)