cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open veristand project with teststand returns error 1172

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have a fresh installation of teststand 2017 and installed ni-veristand-2018-steps-for-teststand_8.1.0+113_windows_x64 also. I cannot open the veristand project and deploy it, but I can start veristand.

Like mentioned in https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Error-1172-and-Error-1-when-opening-VeriStand/td-p/2147044, a restart didn't help. I receive the error message for opening the project:

Error executing substep 'ProjectOpen'.
Invoke Node System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht.
Inner Exception: NationalInstruments.VeriStand.VeriStandException: GSW.lvlib:Launch VeriStand.vi >> VeriStand Application.lvlib:VeriStand Root Loop.vi >> Project Server.lvlib:Project Server.vi\r
=========================
NI VeriStand: C:\\Projects\\HiL\\PlatformComponent\\VeristandProject\\MirrorProcess\\MirrorProcess.nivsproj NationalInstruments.VeriStand.VeriStandException in ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:NI_VS Project ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Open Project Reference.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:ProjectOpen.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:ProjectOpen.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x494) In einer externen Assembly ist ein .NET-Ausnahmefehler aufgetreten. Für Hinweise zum Beheben dieses Fehlers kopieren Sie den folgenden Ausnahmefehler (fett gedruckt) und suchen Sie auf der Website des Microsoft Developer Networks (MSDN) oder im Internet nach einer möglichen Erklärung.[Error Code: 1172]

and the message for the deploy:

Error executing substep 'ProjectDeploy'.
Invoke Node Error calling method NationalInstruments.VeriStand.ClientAPI.IProject.Deploy, (System.ArgumentNullException: Der Schlüssel darf nicht NULL sein.\r
Parametername: key) System.ArgumentNullException in ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:NI_VS Project ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Deploy Project.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:ProjectDeploy.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:ProjectDeploy.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x494) In einer externen Assembly ist ein .NET-Ausnahmefehler aufgetreten. Für Hinweise zum Beheben dieses Fehlers kopieren Sie den folgenden Ausnahmefehler (fett gedruckt) und suchen Sie auf der Website des Microsoft Developer Networks (MSDN) oder im Internet nach einer möglichen Erklärung.[Error Code: 1172]

Thanks for your help

Greets
ManuKlause

LabVIEW 2018
Veristand 2018
Teststand 2017
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,420 Views)

Hi , 

do you have just open Windows Task Manager to see if there is another instance of VeriStand still open. If so, kill the task.

If this action doesn't done ,please can you post version of Veristand and Teststand that you install on your pc from NI MAX?

D.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,298 Views)

Hi, are you using NI VeriStand 2018 or NI VeriStand 2018 SP1? I think so far TestStand steps still haven't been updated to support 2018 SP1.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ManuKlause

Hi,

it seems like the installation of Veristand 2018 was corrupted. A reinstallation of Veristand and Teststand fixed the problem. Thanks for your response.

Greets
ManuKlause

LabVIEW 2018
Veristand 2018
Teststand 2017
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,272 Views)