Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Workspace Tool

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to open a Veristand workspace tool from Labview as described here : 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/77A8EE353C9E461B862579E9006891F7

Although the workspace windows opens (which means the project ref is exact), i get an error 7 (Vi not found).

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Regards,

Ulysse K

Best regards,
Ulysse
Heberger image Heberger image
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,639 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KLSsuperstar

Hi!

Indeed. I've tried the same example and I didn't succeed. 

Moreover, I've tried to find all vi's loaded in memory used in veristand (with a custom worspace tool). That way, I found the VI names you should use in your example instead of the absolute workspace tool path.

I've found this Vi list

scr_Fault Manager.vi
sub_Alarm Monitor.vi
Model Parameter Manager.vi
sub_Calibration.vi
Channel Data Viewer.vi
View RT Console.vi
scr_TDMS Data Viewer.vi

I modify the example and replace the "workspace tool path" by a string combo with those vi names.

However, I didn't manage to launch the macro recorder and player, these Vis being embeded into a library (MacroRecorderPlayer.lvlib:Macro Recorder.vi
MacroRecorderPlayer.lvlib:Macro Player.vi). I didn't succeed in launching the XNET explorer neither. This workspace tool is an exe located in the folder: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-XNET\busMonitor\nixnetbm.exe

LaunchWorspaceTool.png

Message 2 of 11
(8,621 Views)

thank you very much, you're the best !

Best regards,
Ulysse
Heberger image Heberger image
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,613 Views)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to open a custom tool with the open workspace tool VI but it gives me an error; it seems that it does not recognize the path of the custom tool, do you have any suggestion for the right path to set?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,287 Views)

Hello fra009,

Which tool are you trying to open? Most of the native tools can be accessed following this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7089DDCC796582B086258022002D26C9

If you are building your own tool, you have to make sure you built it as a source distribution with all the necessary dependencies (notably vi.lib dependencies).

Regards,

--Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,281 Views)

Hello everyone,

I tried to open calibration tool from labview by calling this Open workspace tool subvi with "sub_Calibration.vi" as tool path but i get following error:

Error -307881 occurred at sub_Calibration.vi

Possible reasons:

"NI VeriStand:  Cannot use legacy Channel Scaling and Calibration tool/API because this project contains calibration features from the new Channel Calibration tool/API introduced in NI VeriStand 2012. This error occurs because the project contains a channel calibration file (.nivscf). If you want to use the legacy Channel Scaling and Calibration tool, delete the .nivscf file under the Calibrations node in the Project Explorer window and redeploy. Otherwise, use the Channel Calibration Tool/API instead of the legacy Channel Scaling and Calibration tool/API."

Does anyone know what could be path for new calibration tool? I cannot find that information anywhere.

Regards,

Vuk

Vuk Obradović
Technical lead / Senior R&D Engineer at Noffz Forsteh technologies d.o.o.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,000 Views)

Hi Vuk,

Did you solved this issue? I am also facing the same problem. What is the new path for calibration tool?

Thanks,

Pradeep Kumar

Pradeep Kumar Achu
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,823 Views)

Hi Pradeep,

No I haven't managed to solve it. I continued developing other parts of code while waiting for someone to answer.

This could really be problem later on for me (I try to avoid making it from scratch in LabVIEW ).

Regards,

Vuk

Vuk Obradović
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,750 Views)

Can you try using "CalibrationTool.vi" ?

Regards

--Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

Message 9 of 11
(4,709 Views)

Yes!! That was the path I was searching for.

Thank you Eric,

Regards,

Vuk

Vuk Obradović
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,702 Views)