From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni VeriStand Automation from Python/C/C++

Hi,

I have NI VeriStand installed and project created. I need to automate it from using one of the programming language. Please direct me to some documentation/ sample programs.

Thank you,

Amit Saste

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,444 Views)

Hi Amit,

NI VeriStand provides a .NET-based API for the Workspace and the System Explorer that you can use to create custom interfaces for NI VeriStand or to implement automation of the configuration and/or operation of NI VeriStand applications. For example, you can use the System Explorer API library to create a custom configuration window that limits the changes a user can make to an NI VeriStand application or to simplify the configuration process by making it possible to specify the application parameters in a spreadsheet. Additionally, you can use the Workspace API library to automate the operation of an NI VeriStand application or to create a completely custom run-time interface. These .NET-based APIs can be used by LabVIEW, NI TestStand, and a variety of other environments capable of using .NET interfaces.

In conclusion calling these .NET interfaces in the other environments is what you'll have to look into.

Check out the following link for more info

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9366/en/

Cheers,

RAO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,421 Views)
Python for .Net supports importing .NET APIs for VeriStand. I do not have TestStand. So option for me is to write automation code in Python and call VeriStand APIs directly into Python. Can I execute Python code directly to interact with VeriStand?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,409 Views)
I believe NI VeriStand ships with a python library designed to be used in IronPython that wraps the execution API. I have installed VeriStand 2013 SP1 but I do not see this library in installation directory. Can you guide me where should I get it?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,405 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,398 Views)

Depending on your version of windows, you should have 'NIVeriStand.py' in one of the following locations:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2013\IronPython\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2013\IronPython\

Message 6 of 9
(6,383 Views)

Hi Amit,

Did you find the suitable files, mentioned by UKCraig?

Cheers,

Rao

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,358 Views)
Thanks. I got NIVeriStand.py in the public folder.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,354 Views)

for cPython I recommend pythonnet (example attached) or older library: https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/cPython-Interface-for-NI-VeriStand 

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,318 Views)