From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Veristand 2019: NI XNET Alias can not be replaced

Hi,

Please see my old question as reference here.

We have just upgraded our test system pc into windows 10 and also installed NI LabvView 2019 and Ni Veristand 2019.

The previous version was: 
- Windows 8
- NI LabVIEW 2018 SP1
- NI Veristand 2018 SP1

We use also NI XNET for CAN Communication.

Once we completed installed the 2019 version, we need to replace NI XNET alias with the previous one.
It runs normally without any issue when we upgraded from 2016 to 2018. We can also synchronize NI XNET alias between another test system pc.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with 2019. I have replaced the nixnetAlias file, but NI XNET Database editor is somehow still read the old one.

Anyone can help?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,891 Views)

Hallo,

just a short update:

• NI XNET Data base editor alias list shows only the database which is available in the local pc.
  • Once you add/remove any item from the list, your alias file will be replaced with the list shown in the editor.
  • That means, your "not shown" items which is needed in another system will be deleted without any notice.

This is the rootcause of my headace. 

If I have bunch of database alias which being maintenance in a central location. The list can be just deleted and accidentally updated to the central system which can affect another system as well.

Anyone has this issue and knows some workaround?

Thanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,847 Views)