From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Execution Order scrolling issue

So here is an annoying problem. I currently have 14 models in my system definition file. When I try to set the model execution order, only 12 of the models are visible at any one time in the list, none of the vertical scroll bars work, and the window can't be resized. I have no easy way to see/set the model execution order. Anything below the 12th model is not visible.

Is this a(nother) bug?

Is there a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,929 Views)

Hello!

You are correct, there is a bug report about this. The number that you can look for in any future release to see if this is fixed is 393872.

As for a workaround, I have attached a LabVIEW 2018 VI ( and screenshots of the block diagram/front panel) that shows you a method you can follow. Basically, the idea is that it uses the system definition file and reads the models, the user could potentially chose the order and it will eventually save it back. 

Note: This has not been fully tested, this is just an idea. So definitely save a separate copy of your file just in case.

Hope this helps!

Best, 

Parul M. 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,883 Views)