From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing connection to cRio while deployment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to use a cRio 9074 in my VeriStand project by adding it as a custom device with the Scan Engine. When I want to deploy to the cRio, during the process I lose the connection to the cRio and the deployment fails. 

The deployment seems to cause some error in the cRio because after that I also have to restart/repower the cRio to see it in NI Max again.

Does anyone have suggestions how I can fix that problem? The error message is shown below.

Thanks,

David

Start Date: 9/26/2019 2:57 PM
• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2018\Projects\Testrig\Testrig.nivssdf
• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
• Compiling the System Definition file...
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target NI-cRIO9074-01679A10.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...
• Starting download for target NI-cRIO9074-01679A10...
• Opening WebDAV session to IP 128.46.161.220...
• Processing Action on Deploy VIs...
• Setting target scan rate to 1000000 (uSec)... Done.
• Gathering target dependency files...
• Downloading Testrig_NI-cRIO9074-01679A10.nivsdat [214 kB] (file 1 of 3)
• Downloading CalibrationData.nivscal [0 kB] (file 2 of 3)
• Downloading Testrig_NI-cRIO9074-01679A10.nivsparam [0 kB] (file 3 of 3)
• Closing WebDAV session...
• Files successfully deployed to the targets.
• Starting deployment group 1...
Connection with target NI-cRIO9074-01679A10 has been lost.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -307850 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand: The target cannot be reached. Verify that the Ethernet cable is connected to the real-time (RT) target and that the RT target is enabled and running.
=========================
NI VeriStand: Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: A communication failure occurred while handshaking with the target.
Target: NI-cRIO9074-01679A10

• Stopping TCP loops.
Waiting for TCP loops to shut down...
• TCP loops shut down successfully.
• Unloading System Definition file...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,755 Views)

The lost of connection broke out only when you added CD into project on System Definition?

In my experience, such behavior is caused by CD issue. But when I faced the trouble, debugging was really tough work.

At that time, I used Diagram Disable Structure to see what function caused the trouble.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,713 Views)

Yes, it seems to be the CD. When I use the FPGA Mode I have some other issus (as you can see in my other question in this forum) but my project is connecting and running.

I'm no Labview expert so I'll see how far I can get trying to fix the CD... I just used used that installer http://www.ni.com/download/ni-veristand-2018/7785/en/ to add the scan engine. But I already figured out that in the Labview libraries that are added this way into the "custom devices" folder some VIs cant be located. Some I found in other GitHub projects some not.

Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,693 Views)
Solution
Accepted by da123vid

Yeah I've seen this before, took ages to figure it out, the Scan Engine Custom Device needs 512MB+ of RAM to deploy.

That's why you see this behaviour, if you want to observe it more closely you can install System State Publisher to the cRIO and then as you deploy monitor the memory use through the Distributed Systems Manager. It will hit your boundary (the 9074 has 128MB) and then cease signal and drop to 0.

Options:

- Upgrade your controller to the minimal level needed, this would be something like a 9055.

- Implement FPGA personality only - this requires some figuring out: https://www.ni.com/pl-pl/innovations/white-papers/09/creating-fpga-based-i-o-personalities-for-ni-ve..., as well as the technical challenge here it requires that you have LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real Time and LabVIEW FPGA (also included in Embedded Suite or HiL Suite).

If you need EtherCAT communications, upgrading is really your only option to achieve that functionality.

Regards,

Ed

Message 4 of 7
(3,618 Views)

Thanks for your advise. By the time I switched to another PC which I knew would run with the cRio but uses Veristand 2015. I'll see when or if I try to use a newer version of Veristand again (and this PC).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,606 Views)

Hmmm.. Does the scan engine in VeriStand 2015 deploy fine on the 9074? That would be an interesting detail to know

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,585 Views)

With the other PC I also used another cRio, a 9024, because it already had the drivers in the correct version installed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,564 Views)