From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iteratively csv file replay

Solved!
Go to solution

Helo,

I'm usign Ni veristand 2014 and with the stimulus profile editor I need to iteratively play N times the same csv file. 

In the stimulus profile editor I can load correctly a csv file into a Real-Time sequence, but i can't see how to iterate the sequence N times in the stimulus profile.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance to everyone! 

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,226 Views)

Hey Davide,

You can actually add a For Loop step in the Real-Time sequence itself.  If you pass the number of iterations, N, as a parameter to the RT sequence, you will be able to set it from your stimulus profile.

If you are looking to get a pass/fail for each iteration of the test, there's not a great way to do that natively with the VeriStand Stimulus Profile Editor.  The alternatives are to use TestStand with the VeriStand Custom Step Types or programmatically generate a stimulus profile that calls the RT Sequence N times back to back using the VeriStand Stimulus Profile Definition API.

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,189 Views)

Than's for your answer Cody.

From what I can see the real time sequence can be or just a csv file or a sequence in wich you can actually use programming steps.

I don't see how to mix steps with csv file replay.

Am I doing something wrong?

If it's not possible doing the iteration with the native stimulus I will use the API.

Thank you

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,183 Views)

Apologies - I missed the csv file part of your original post.

You are correct, an RT Sequence call from a stimulus profile can target either an RT sequence file or a csv file.  Since you are using a CSV file, there is no native way to iteratively replay that CSV file.  My recommendation would be to use the API.  You should be able to find a couple examples of programmatically creating profiles and RT sequences by searching around.

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,181 Views)

Hello Cody,

thanks for your help.

Then I'll look for APIs so!

Thanks for the english lesson too 😉

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davide_Galli

I've found this link to create a sequence from a csv!

From this sequence is possible to use the sequence also in a for loop or other structures.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/CSV-to-NIVSSeq-vi/ta-p/3524575

I hope it can be useful for someone!

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,703 Views)