From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to browse the channels of Veristand using a LabVIEW VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm able to stream data from Veristand to a LabVIEW program but it requires me to set a specific path on LabVIEW. I was wondering if there was a way to scan & list all of the Veristand channel paths so I don't need to specify them. I checked out the TreeBrowserWF but I'm not quite sure how it work, and that I have the issue of missing files when loading the handful of usage available.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by James9

Here is something I built to view channels from VS from Labview.  If you look through the shipping examples I think it has how to use TreeBrowserWF.  The Subvis should all be in the vi.lib.

Message 2 of 8
(3,466 Views)

@joshe wrote:

Here is something I built to view channels from VS from Labview.  If you look through the shipping examples I think it has how to use TreeBrowserWF.  The Subvis should all be in the vi.lib.

I seem to be missing the "Create Custom Channel Alias Filter.vi" as it was not found.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,455 Views)

You don't need the filter vi, this was just so I could hide stuff from the user.  Here it is anyway. 

Message 4 of 8
(3,449 Views)

Hello,

with "Create Custom Channel Alias Filter.vi" I see also the Custom Devices Channels.

I am not able to see ONLY the Aliases Channels.

Somebody can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,266 Views)

You will have to play around with the Custom Filter to only display the Alias channels.  Here is a discussion I had about filters.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Veristand-TreeBrowserWF-Display-Filter/td-p/1752384?profile.la...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,252 Views)

I saw that discussion and I set the input of "Create Custom Channel Alias Filter.vi" in the same way of the post: Allow Alias==TRUE, Writable==FALSE and VISIBLE==TRUE. But I am not able to hide the CD channels. I tried also other inputs combination without success result.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,244 Views)

This is where trial and error is going to come in since there is no documentation.  You might be able to contact NI directly if you have a support contract.  I would dig into the ITeaverseNode Filter Constructors in the Create Custom Chanel Alias Filter vi (TravNdMatchChannelFilter, TravNdAliasDependentFilter, etc) Copy one and right click and see what other constructors you could use to get the nodes you want and hide them.  I saw TravNdMatchNodeNameFilter that might work.  Please post if the code if you are successful and good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,236 Views)