cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Gateway timeout in VS2019R3

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Veristand Community,

I am quarantined due to COVID-19, and so I am working from home over a VPN.  The network seems like it has slowed down and so now I get error 56 when deploying.  I saw in pre-2019 there was a way to set the gateway timeout.  I don't see that in 2019R3.  The help still refers to

"In the Project Explorer window, right-click the project root and select Properties to display the Project Properties dialog box and select VeriStand Gateway from the Category list to display this page."
But I think that is no longer relevant.  Any ideas?  In C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\VeriStand 2019 I saw there was a "VeriStand Project Explorer" configuration file that I assume holds the settings.  Anyone know the key I can add?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ActiveFrontEnd

Hi,

You can get to the new panel for project settings by double-clicking the project file in the Project Files pane:

Marcelo_I_0-1584629254094.png

This will open the project settings on the right rail and you can find the gateway timeout there.

Message 2 of 4
(2,515 Views)

The above trick of increasing the timeout of the gateway works very well in VS 2019.  In 2017 I did the same thing and it seems to have no impact.  I set it to wait indefinetely, I set it to wait 1000000 ms, and I set it to wait -1.  All three tests end with VS getting error 56.  Is there a CAR report on this behaviour or a way to fix the problem in VS 2017?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,365 Views)

I have not seen a response on if this fix works for VS 2017.  Does anyone have an idea?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,345 Views)