VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid mode interface in Veristand

Hello

I build a project in hybrid mode and I am able to read the proper output in LabView. Now we need to configure this in Veristand, I want to know the procedures need to follow to configure in Veristand. Any example or any documentation regarding this issue will be very helpful.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,454 Views)

Are you using CompactRIO?

To use FPGA, you should develop FPGA-Based IO interface.

NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools

And if have already developed RT VI, you also need Custom Device.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,435 Views)

Hello Emboar

Thank you for your reply

I am using cRio-9074

I built one LabView project (Hybrid mode which has both scan and FPGA mode), Now I need to call that in Veristand, By going through NI forums I come to know it requires a custom device to add that in Veristand. I checked with scan engine and Ethercat custom device but later I come to know it works only for 9144/5 chassis, not for other chassis. So I want to know  is there any custom device for other chassis, so I can add that in Veristand

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,433 Views)

You can use NI VeriStand Add-On - Scan Engine and EtherCAT with not only 9144/5.

In the document, you can see "Fixed an issue where 9081 and 9082 controllers".

It means that other cRIO controller are supported.

Why don't you try it with cRIO-9074? To tell the truth, I haven't tried with the controller but I guess you can.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,431 Views)

Hello

I tried using Scan engine and Ethercat custom device in  cRio-9074, But I am not able to Autodetect the modules it shows an error(please find the capture 1 attached image), I also tried manually to add the modules but when I deployed in Veristand RT it shows an error (please find the capture 2 attached image), If I try to deploy multiple times it shows different error (please find the capture 3 attached image).

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,428 Views)

I don't have an access to NI VeriStand so cannot check the configuration or behavior.

The error said there is a FPGA problem. Have you already installed required software into cRIO?

Is this article helpful?

Scan Engine and EtherCAT VeriStand Custom Device Auto-Detect Modules Button Doesn't Work

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,420 Views)

I installed all the software required for the cRIO (Please find the attached img) Still, it is not able to detect the modules

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,414 Views)

ani94,

Let pass on auto-detecting modules for now.  If I remember correctly, the correct way to use Hybrid Mode with the custom device is to load the bitfile anyways.  The custom device then configures itself with the module configuration that was had there (since it will lock some of them out and put them in FPGA mode).  Any remaining modules should be quick and easy to finish configuring.

(I suspect the reason autodetect was failing was that the cRIO was in FPGA mode when it should have been in scan mode... but that's just a first hunch.)

When I use Hybrid mode, the easiest way I have found is not to use the template found in the VeriStand I/O resources.  Instead, use User-Defined Variables in the scan engine.  You create them in the project under the Chassis (and the interface feels a lot like shared variables).  They are FPGA->Host or Host->FPGA.  Then you can drop the nodes from your project into the FPGA code.  They show up in VeriStand just like other I/O channels when you load the bitfile.

Good luck,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,309 Views)

Hello Andrew

Thank You for your response

I downloaded the 

NI VeriStand 2017 with NI-RIO 17.0+ and EtherCAT 17.0+:

Scan Engine and EtherCAT 2017 v4.4.1 

Using this I am able to add the modules and bit file in veristand but when I deployed in Veristand RT it shows an error(Please find the attached image 2) also I am not able to open the source code it shows LabVIEW error code 3.

Later few people told to install the dependencies like 

Dependencies need to be compiled in LabVIEW in the same folder in which you had kept the main Custom Device.
https://github.com/ni/niveristand-scan-engine-ethercat-custom-device  :
niveristand-scan-engine-ethercat-custom-device 

The packed library builds from Scan Engine Custom Device Module Libraries.
The FXP build from Scan Engine Custom Device FXP Libraries.
https://github.com/ni/niveristand-scan-engine-module-libraries  : niveristand-scan-engine-module-libraries
https://github.com/ni/niveristand-scan-engine-fxp-libraries : niveristand-scan-engine-fxp-libraries
But in this case, I am able to compile the module libraries but not able to compile the FXP-libraries it shows again LabVIEW error code 3 
Can you help me in resolving this issue or is there any compiled working custom device which you have tested for the 2017 version(LabVIEW and Veristand )it will be a great help if you share that 

Hardware used cRIO 9074

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,279 Views)