From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get .fpgaconfig file for NI cRIO 9082

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I want to run simulation models on a NI cRIO 9082 by using NI Veristrand; however, I need the .fpgaconfig that is associated with the hardware to deploy the models on it. Any information would be a great help 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,268 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muataz

Hello!

Does this: https://www.ni.com/pl-pl/innovations/white-papers/09/creating-fpga-based-i-o-personalities-for-ni-ve... explain a little?

FPGAs for Veristand either have to comply to a template which then can be described with the *.fpgaconfig file (to be used as a RIO resource) or - if you have existing FPGA code - can be wrapped in a Custom Device (but I'm not sure if this approach works for cRIO due to its internal architecture).

I suppose that for use wth cRIO (especially the one that does not have DAQmx engine onboard) you'll have to wrap you r existing FPGA code in the Veristand template to provide the access to the FPGA and module channels.

Piotr F.
Hardware Engineer @ ZF
Message 2 of 3
(1,220 Views)

Thank you Piotr 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,187 Views)