VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate PWM signal with VeriStand, Simulink and PXIe

I am using NI VeriStand with Matlab/Simulink.  I would like to generate a PWM signal out from a PXIe-6358.  Does this occur through the digital out or the Counter channel?  How is this accomplished?

Does the PXIe-6358 have PWM generation capability built into the hardware or do I need to program the PWM in Simulink?

We want to use Simulink and not Labview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,092 Views)

Hi Kyle,

According to this documentation, it looks like PWM is not natively supported for DAQ cards in Veristand 2010.  You can build a custom device to accomplish this, however this would need to be built in LabVIEW.   If you want to use Simulink,  you'll want to build a model that interacts with the hardware and outputs PWM.    You can then import this model into VeriStand and run it.    Here are some good articles that will help you get started:

Creating Simuliation Models Using the MathWorks Simulink Software for use in NI VeriStand 

Using Models in NI-VeriStand

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Starla T.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,069 Views)

I wanted a Labview based model for veristand which can generate pwm signal, can you please help me in that

Regards,

Akshat Saxena

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,681 Views)

Hey Akshat,

What hardware are you using? Only certain NI hardware is capable of producing a PWM output so we first need to verify that we are able to do so with your hardware configuration. 

Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Using NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/2991/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,668 Views)