From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help interpreting VeriStand crash report

Been trying to install Veristand 2014 but have been experiencing hangups. I am able to install with no apparent problems, which I have done twice, but once I try to open, it opens but then crashes giving this report each time (jpeg below).

We've tried installing patches and other drivers but have not succeeded.  

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,614 Views)

Hi Sam,

Are you able to launch LabVIEW without issue? If so, then this could be the result of a corruption in a DLL or a related component. One of the most common causes for this exception is an issue with "nimaximp.dll" missing or getting corrupted. Download and install a later version of NI System Configuration (15.0 or higher) to see if it fixes the issue.

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,560 Views)

Yes LabVIEW 2014 is working.  I have downloaded Veristand 2015 and it works great but there are some custom devices that we had built by NI years ago for 2014 that are not able to run on 2015.  

This is where I saw 3 solutions: Either Get Veristand 2014 working, try to re-build the custom devices to work in Veristand 2015, or get the pre-built custom device straight from NI

The Specific Custom Device I need now is labeled "Instrument-Custom-Device".  The project source code is provided by NI at https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/Instrument-Custom-Device

I have tried to re-built this custom device with labVIEW 2015 but am having a lot of difficulty with the process. 

Is it possible to get this custom device pre-built from NI for work with Veristand 2015?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,556 Views)

Sam,

It appears that this is a completely different question unrelated to the VeriStand crash that occurred on launch that you previously mentioned.

I would recommend that you create a new thread detailing the issues you are running into when building the custom device for 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,525 Views)