From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware interface in veristand

Hello all

I need to add the power supply hardware and the camera to veristand environment where I need to see all the parameters of the power supply and the features of the camera in veristand. By going through a few documents I come to know it requires custom device to bring that hardware in veristand but what I didn't understand is how to bring that actual harware whether we need to create the model of working hardware (Like simulating every parameter of hardware) then we create the .dll and use in the RT driver VI in custom device template or is there any particular way to add the hardware to veristand, Can anyone please suggest me to solve this issue

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,322 Views)

Hi ani94, you must develop Custom Device (CD) with LabVIEW. Is this your first CD?

You need two CD, for power supply (ni dcpower?) and camera (imaqdx?).

There are some document how to develop CD but I don't recommend those resources.

NI VeriStand Custom Device Developer's Guide - National Instruments

This is written in Japanese but more useful.

NI VeriStand カスタムデバイス開発マニュアル

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,287 Views)

Hello Emboar
Thank you for your response.
Yes this is my first CD need to built, By the document, I come to know there will be 3 main VI Initialization - where we defined the section and channels of CD
main - Where we defined the pages for CD section and channels
RT driver- Where we need to call the hardware and implement the custom code for the functionality
But I want to know how I can call the hardware (NI Power supply /camera) in RT driver VI

whether we need to create the model of working hardware (Like simulating every parameter of hardware) then we create the .dll and use in the RT driver VI in custom device template or is there any other way to call in RT driver VI. Looking forward to hearing from you

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,282 Views)

Well... You can call the hardware in RT driver VI.

As you understand, you should define and develop a core hardware function in the VI.

I cannot understand why you are mentioning a model (dll/out/so).

All function can be implemented by LabVIEW if you want to use standard NI hardware or Camera.

If the instrument you want to control require dll, the difficulty would increase.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,273 Views)