since I am finally doing an entire Workspace redesign in the new UI Manager I am starting this thread to give some feedback about what I am missing in the UI Manager. It's not much, but I plan to expand this list as things come up. Maybe other users can weigh in with their experiences and we get all the bells and whistles we want in the next release. Please also point me to solutions to my requests if they already exist and I overlooked them. Here's what I want (Maybe I should write demand), apart from the obvious possibility to write my own stuff in LV#:
Thanks in advance for all answers.
I'll interpret the fact that noone has answered yet as a sign that my requests are valid points.
Here's some more things I can do without:
Again, these are hardly showstoppers, just some things I noticed that would imho improve an already very good product.
Thanks for all the feedback, and please send more as you have it.
There is a workaround for the two needles on a gauge or meter problem. You can drop a second gauge, turn of the "Show Scale" and "Show Label" options for this gauge, and then move the remaining needle on top of the first gauge. This isn't perfect (the two gauges won't resize or move together), but I wanted to make sure you were aware of the option.
thanks for the workaround.
The problem with it is that I can't select that back one after I put the second one on top. This means I can't change the channel after designing the panel.
Here's two more:
I'd like to:
So nice thread this is!!
I also have a feedback, UI Manager doesn't have model control, doesn't it?
Is it expected that the feature will be implemented in the future?
So here's a thing I found out:
- The canvas label is hideable through the context menu
And some more things I want (Christmas coming up and so on...):
- have different texts for both states of the text button
- The Limits and warnings function has aparently disappeared. My customer uses it two have several colors for the same boolean indicator, so what beavercreek mentioned would be enough on this occasion
- Is there a way to invert a button?
- It would be really nice to be able to define custom colors for Buttons and LEDs. The colors already in the UI Manager look good in this context, but sometimes you want a good old 255,0,0 when it needs to pop.
- I've had the UI Manager crash both on my customer's and on my machine when adding a line to a canvas within a tab control and then trying to edit it. I'm unsure if a double click or the try to resize the object causes the crash. It also seems like the line is not really added to the canvas, but overlayed on top of it all.
- Because of the last point, autosaving seemed desirable to me as well
What I would REALLY
like to have need is an API to programmatically create controls. I know I can add an array of numeric inputs for a group of signals, but what if I have a custom instrument (boolean + slider) that I want to replicate tens of times?