From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Configuration file for myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use a MyRIO to learn using Veristand. I am currently using Veristand 2017 along with LabVIEW 2017.

I can run models on MyRIO from within Veristand, and I can control the I/O using LabVIEW 2017. I can switch from one another but I have to remove the Veristand Engine from myRIO and reinstall it after running a LabVIEW project (that was indicated as a bug back in 2012  as indicated by /t5/NI-VeriStand/VeriStand-error/m-p/1922123 and it apparently still has not been fixed).

What I would need is the FPGA configuration file required by Veristand 2017 to access the I/O of myRIO. It is very surprising that this file (*.fpgaconfig) is not easily available nowadays. I have found a tool that I could use to allegedly build such a file (/t5/NI-Labs-Toolkits/NI-VeriStand-FPGA-Based-I-O-Interface-Tools/ta-p/3493285 ) but as far as I tried, it is not compatible with LabVIEW 2017.

I found this recent post (/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-myDAQ/myRIO-and-Veristand/td-p/4006835?profile.language=en ) but it was not very useful.

If any of you could give me access to the *.fpgaconfig file to use a myRIO within Veristand, I would really appreciate it. Any explicit help on how to build such a file would also be very appreciated.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarcDub

I finally took the online LabVIEW FPGA course and was able to create configuration and bit files to use the FPGA I/O of a myRIO with VeriStand.

I created a document that describes how those files were created. The FPGA configuration and bit files along the LabVIEW project are attached to that document. The link to the document is: forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/FPGA-Configuration-file-to-use-myRIO-with-VeriStand/ta-p/4131193

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,010 Views)