VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples(Engine Demo etc) returns error 1003.

Hello.

After Installation, Without modifying anything, examples(Engine Demo  etc) and New Projects returns  error 1003.

Environment : Win7 32bit

I uninstalled all Ni Softwares, and reinstalled only Veristand, but  returns same result.

I installed DAQ max, VISA and LabVIEW, but returns same.

I tried to installing  in new compute, but returns same. 

and installed ni-RIO device drivers...

and updated all patches.

Note that, two PCs had been installed NI CVI 8.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The log is as follows: 

=============================

?Start Date: 2014-01-22 오전 9:52
?Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2013\Examples\Stimulus Profile\Engine Demo\Engine Demo.nivssdf
?Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
?Compiling the System Definition file...
?Starting VeriStand PC Engines...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Gateway.lvlib:VeriStand Server Wrapper.vi >> NI VeriStand Server.lvlib:NI VeriStand Server.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Run VeriStand Engine (Win).vi
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: Make sure that NI-DAQmx and NI-VISA PXI support is installed.

?Unloading System Definition file...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,066 Views)

Hey mjpark,

The VI is likely broken while trying to run on the target due to incompatibile driver versions as noted by,

"NI VeriStand: Make sure that NI-DAQmx and NI-VISA PXI support is installed."

What version of VeriStand/DAQmx/VISA are you installing?

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,955 Views)

Hi ThimothyA

I am also facing the same error when I am trying to deploy the system defination file which I have created.

I am using Veristand 2012 and NI VISA 5.2.0

However when i am checking for DAQMx software I am not able to find one.Do I need to install it seperately?

It does not come with default labview setup?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,912 Views)

Hey LV_user1,

DAQmx is its own driver and it does exist as a separate component. It normally gets installed as part of the Device Driver install set but you can also find it as a standalone installer from our downloads site (ni.com/downloads/drivers). So, if you have the LV developer suite, you should have the device drivers disc for that version. Otherwise, you can find the specific driver online. Be ready though, the DAQmx driver is a rather large download so plan appropriately.

The VeriStand 2012 readme isn't clear on the minimum version of DAQmx needed but I would recommend getting 9.6.2. or higher. You'll see that later VeriStand readme versions will include specific minimum requirements for each driver. So in the future that should be a bit easier to figure out.

Tim A.
Message 4 of 8
(6,905 Views)

thanks 🙂 ..it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,857 Views)

Hello all.

I've installed the evaluation version of VeriStand 2013 on a WinXP OS running within a Parallels Virtual Machine running on  MacBook Pro.

On attempting to run the "Sinewave Delay" demo within the VM (ie. not on a Real-Time target), I receive the error below.  Any thoughts on the cause of this problem?

FWIW, LabVIEW 2013 and LabVIEW 2014 are installed within the VM.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-John Bergmans, CLD

----------

• Start Date: 10/8/2014 4:05 PM

• Loading System Definition file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2013\Projects\Example\Sinewave Delay.nivssdf

• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...

• Compiling the System Definition file...

• Starting VeriStand PC Engines...

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details: Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.

=========================

NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Gateway.lvlib:VeriStand Server Wrapper.vi >> NI VeriStand Server.lvlib:NI VeriStand Server.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Run VeriStand Engine (Win).vi

<append>=========================

NI VeriStand: Make sure that NI-DAQmx and NI-VISA PXI support is installed.

• Unloading System Definition file...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,065 Views)

Have you checked to make sure that you have a compatible version of DAQmx installed on your VM?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/801DFE44C79CCCFA86257BFD005B814C

DAQmx 9.7.5 or later

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,052 Views)

Hi Tim.

I did not have DAQmx installed.  

I installed NI-DAQmx 14.1 and VeriStand now works successfully in my VM.

Thanks for your prompt help!

-John Bergmans

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,044 Views)