Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event between veristand on RTOS and LV on Windows XP

Hello,

My application is composed of :

- a Labview HMI which executes on Windows  XP(Labview 2011),

- a RTOS with Veristand 2011.

I see, on the custom device template, a loop which contains dynamic event managed by Veristand.

I would communicate with custom dynamic event between my HOST (HMI LabvIEW) and my RTOS (Custom device Veristand).

Can I registre my custom event to establish the communication?

What is the procedure?

I tried to modify "NI VeriStand - Register Custom Device Engine Events.vi" but I did not received event on my HMI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,363 Views)

The events you are referring to are messages that the host computer can send to the custom device, not the other way around. For an example of this type of communication, see:

<LabVIEW 2011>\examples\Custom Devices\Communication Example

This includes a project that you can use to build a custom device set up to receive event messages and respond to them, as well as a host-side API for sending commands to the custom device. This communication allows the custom device to send data to the host as a response to a message, but it does not allow the custom device to spontaneously send an event to the host.

What type of data are you trying to send from the custom device to the HMI?

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,354 Views)

Indeed, I saw this example and it gave me the following idea.

For example, I could manage customs device errors with dynamic event to the host to avoid mechanism such as "Shared Variables" or "Network streams" ... so to avoid a pooling loop in my host code.

It can allow several others possibilities...

Moreover, I search the best practice to manage errors under Veristand between an HMI and RTOS.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,345 Views)