From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event associated with setting model parameter

Hi,

When simulation model parameters are set using one of the methods in http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846M-01/veristand/model_param_import/ , is there some way to generate an event, and the model respond to that event?

Thank you.

Siva

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,592 Views)

Hi Siva,

What type of event are you wanting to do, and how are you wanting to do this? In theory you could utilize the VeriStand API in LabVIEW to poll the values of the parameters and code some functionality for when those change. I am not aware currently of an automatic way though to trigger an event from importing the parameter values.

Thanks,

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,562 Views)

Hi Madison,

My simulation model has a state machine, and I would like for it do some action when there is a value change in a parameter.

I guess I could do the polling similar to what you suggested in the model itself. But if I were to not do it in the model (may be to save on execution time), would I have to write a custom workspace control that would poll the value of a parameter, and generate an event? How would this even be communicated to the model?

Thank you.

Siva

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,558 Views)

Hi Siva,

What type of action are you wanting to trigger? There could potentially be different methods of doing this, such as procedures, depending on what action you are looking for.

Thanks,

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)