VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error whilst compiling simulink model for Veristand

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling a Simulink model for Veristand. This was previously working last week. I initially thought it was due to the licencing on the Veristand install which had expired from the evalutation version. My IT team are working on getting a license but suggested in the mean time I removing Veristand and redownloading it to use another trial version. I have now done this and it shows as having 7 days remaining.

When trying to compile the model I get the following response...

Error.jpg

It doesn't give any reason for the failure but digging back through the diagnostics I found the following....

Error2.jpg

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,035 Views)

Hi,

I am Ed from National Instruments Applications Engineering. I have had a look through the material you have provided as to the error you are receiving, it looks like fixptlib (at a guess as I'm not too familiar with Simulink) might be referring to the fixed-point type definition library.

We could be missing the VeriStand Model Framework from installation of VeriStand, can you confirm that you completed the steps given in the below article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E37B8A669CF7FD2E86257A5B006C6600

There are some further steps given in the below linked article which I would like to also verify have been followed and are not the current issue:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9F96170FD8226EB086257EA8006A199F

Finally, more towards the compiler itself and probably the most likely cause (although it is good to sanity check the above also). Depending on target, the version of MathWorks and VeriStand, the following compiler would be needed as indicated in the below linked article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/10BBA745CD5A2FAE86257F9A0054FF71

What version of MathWorks Software are you using? Once you have identified the correct compiler, you will need to this compiler as given in section 3 of the below linked document:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846G-01/veristand/convert_model_to_dll/

Please keep me apprissed as to whether the above steps are successful in resolving your issue. As mentioned, I do think we have the incorrect compiler selected and thus the above two links should be the most likely cause, I included the first two as a good sanity check also.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,010 Views)

Hi Ed,

Thank you for getting in touch. The Veristand Model Framework is installed, this is confirmed by Matlab upon startup. I have followed your 2nd link and activated the code generation now, though this did not solve this issue. 

The compiler looks to be correct, I had previous issues which I resolved by updating to visual studio 2010 SP1 and .net framework 4.0, so I don't believe this was the issue, and as the compiler had previously been working in simulink last week I believe it was setup in matlab correctly.

I have today tried the following... in the simulink configuration parameters I have changed the language of the target file from C to C++. This has now allowed me to create the .dll file.

I'm not sure if this will cause any further issues down the line though as it's previously been working fine on C and I don't know what difference C++ will make. Will test further today and update.

Regards

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,001 Views)

Hello Kev,

The issue occurs before executing VeriStand's scripts. The problem occurs within MathWorks' TLC source file, fixptlib.tlc.

1. Do you experience the same build issue when using the GRT target file?
  2. It is wonderful you found a workaround using C++, but unfortunately R2016B made quite a few changes to C++ support and thus I would like to further understand why changing the language to C++ resolved your issue. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this research if you could provide me with a model (.slx or .mdl) reproducing the issue you encountered.  

Thank you

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,991 Views)

Hi Nestor,

Unfortunately all of the models I'm working with currently are part of a research project so I am unable to share them without breaching company policy.

Kev 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,979 Views)