From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on 'Set Channel Value'

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm using TS and VS 2016 (32 bits) with TS "add-on for test stand".

I've done a basic sequence with a Setup(  Start VS, Open Project, Open WS, Deploy on localhost) and CleanUp (Undeply, Close Ws and Close project) and run It without problem, now I've added, in Main, a Set and Get channel but in the firs call (Set) I get the error below:

Error: Error executing substep 'ChannelsSetValues'.
Invoke Node Error calling method NationalInstruments.VeriStand.ClientAPI.IWorkspace2.GetMultipleSystemNodesData, (System.ArgumentNullException: La chiave non può essere null.\r
Nome parametro: key) System.ArgumentNullException in ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Get Multiple System Nodes Data.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:ChannelsSetValues.vi->ni-veristand-steps-runtime-lib.lvlibp:ChannelsSetValues.vi.ProxyCaller
LabVIEW: A .NET exception occurred in an external assembly. For information about correcting this error, copy the following exception (in bold), and search the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site or the Web for a possible explanation.[Error Code: 1172, User-defined error code. ]

I run VS and TS as administrator.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,520 Views)

Hello

Have you seen this forum?

(1,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zundap1970

Hello, yes I've read the forum but it wasn't helpful but naybe I've found the problem or a workaround.
Whit initial TS sequence I called the APIs :
1) Setup :Start VS, Open Project, Open WS and Deploy 
2) Clean up : Close WS, Undeploy, Close Project

The sequence above works correctly if I want only open the project but I am not able to set or get value on VS channels. Maybe the reason is due to absence of VS reference.
Now In Set up sequence I added "Open reference" API and the "Set Channel" API works

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,450 Views)