VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding Incoming Single-Point CAN frames and signals to System Definition using the .NET API

I am using the System Definition .NET API in LabVIEW to programmatically create system definitions. When adding CAN fames/signals, the frame gets added to the tree, but I get error code -307828 (see attached).

Also, there are no signals under the CAN frame that was added. 

There is a tutorial (link below) on using the .NET API to perform this very thing, but following that I end up with the same error.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846G-01/vsnetapis/lv_sysdef_creating/

I also noticed that in the screenshot shown in the tutorial there are no signals under the added frame "Frame1" as I would have expected, so it seems the tutorial is missing something.

Has anyone had similar issues? 

Thanks,
Adam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,477 Views)

Hey aweiss47,

Can you please include screenshots of your system definition file and the block diagram if you're following instructions from that walkthrough?

Also, what version of the .NET Framework do you have installed?

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,381 Views)

I have installed the .NET Framework version 4.5.1, and I am using the 2014 version of the System Definition .NET API (v4.0_2014.0.0.0).

I have attached a snippet of the code, and a screenshot of the resulting system definition tree. It is identical to the tree from the documentation, with no signals under "Frame1".

Thanks,

Adam

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,366 Views)

Hey aweiss47,

We apologize for the documentation in that walkthrough--I've put in a request to have that updated, and I've included a snippet attached here that shows how to get those signals to show up in the system definition file.

As for the error messages (-307828), this was a known issue that has been fixed in VeriStand 2015.

I hope this helps!

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,312 Views)