VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 66 occurred while deploying on PXI-7830R

Hi guys,

i´m using a PXI 1031 Chassi with a NI PXI-7830R board.

When i want to deploy the system definition file in VeriStand 2013 this error appears:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 66 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Der Übertragungspartner hat die Netzwerkverbindung beendet. Wenn Sie die Funktion "VI-Referenz öffnen" auf eine VI-Server-Verbindung mit einem anderen Computer anwenden, überprüfen Sie unter Werkzeuge>>Optionen>>VI-Server, ob dem Computer Zugriff gewährt wird.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  ??? in Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Send Loop.vi:3000002->Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001

In english: LabVIEW: The transfer partner has completed the network connection. If you select "Open VI Reference" function applied to a VI Server connection to another computer, check under Tools >> Options >> VI Server, whether the computer is granted access.

What i have done:

I created in LabVIEW 2013 a new "NI VeriStand FPGA Project" and modified the Vi as needed, built the bitfile and modified the .fpgaconfig, like it is described in this tutorial https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13815#Release_Version_History . After that i loaded the .fpgaconfig into the VeriStand system definition. Until here no errors....now i want to deploy it and the error appesared i mentioned above.....

I don´t have any idea what i could do now.

If you need any files for more understanding please tell me what you need.

yannick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,838 Views)

Hi Yannick, have you installed the NI VeriStand RT engine onto your RT-Device? Maybe these links are also usefull

=> http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E1B8CA0B546A803486256A33005AF221?OpenDocument

=> http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E94F4699B7FB82E086256B6E007B0AB3

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,785 Views)

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your answer.

Yes, i installed the RT engine on the device and i followed the instructions from your links.

But nothing changed, same error...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,728 Views)

Hi yannickreiter,

Does your 'modified vi' call the .NET API? Calling .NET API from RT-Engine won't work and will generate error -66.

If you open console viewer, you can see that your RT-Engine generates that error and might be rebooted or just hang...

Check again your 'modified vi'.. Hope i can help....

-

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,720 Views)

No i don´t call the .NET API in my VI.

In the console viewer it only says this:

Error code: -50400                                                              
Error Message: NI Platform Services:  The transfer did not complete within the t
imeout period or within the specified number of retries. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,713 Views)

Hi Yannick, are you using the right *.fpgaconfig file? Also the size of <DMA_Write> and <DMA_Read> in .fpgaconfig file must be equal to the number of packets and not to the number of elements in the FIFO properties. So make sure the number of packets in your .fpgaconfig XML and the number of packets your FPGA code are sending/receiving actually match

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,697 Views)

I think so....maybe you have a look at the files. I changed the .fpgaconfig to an .txt, so don´t be confused 😉

As i mentioned in my problem on top i followed the steps from those links i attached and customized the vi as i needed.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,692 Views)

Have you solved your problem yannickreiter?

I am in the same scenario!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,877 Views)