VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -307853

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm getting the following error when trying to connect to Veristand while running a LabVIEW API Example for data logging.  I've already tried reinstalling the software on the Target and that didn't help.  Anyone have suggestions?

NI VeriStand: The VeriStand Gateway was unable to establish a connection with the target. Confirm that the target is running and that the VeriStand Engine successfully has started. If you still cannot connect to the target, use MAX to reinstall the NI VeriStand Run-Time Engine to the target.
=========================
NI VeriStand: Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: Error 63 occurred at TCP Open Connection in Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Serial port receive buffer overflow.
LabVIEW: The network connection was refused by the server.
Target:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,662 Views)

Hello a9449r

Would you like to give us a detailed description of the application you are trying to run? Because I only researched the error code you gave us. Feel free to attach captures. Also, let us know the software version and the specific example code.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,629 Views)

Sure David22JRA                     

In LabVIEW 2017 I am running the API Example.vi and trying to access a project I created in VeriStand 2017.  I have the Gateway set to 192.168.140.200 in both the VI and the VeriStand project.  I'll attach a screen shot showing the IP address settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,616 Views)

Hi a9449r, 

As a troubleshooting step, if you navigate to the System Definition file within the VeriStand Project Explorer open it up and set the target in the System Explorer are you still seeing the same error? (see the attached image) 

I want to try to narrow down the problem to connecting to the target or something else.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,606 Views)

If I create a new target in the system explorer, I get an error because I already have a target defined.  The error I get with a second target is:  NI VeriStand:  The system definition file contains two targets that are using the same IP address. Each target must have a unique IP address. Only one target can be a Windows target.
NI VeriStand:  NI VeriStand Gateway.lvlib:VeriStand Server Wrapper.vi >> NI VeriStand Server.lvlib:NI VeriStand Server.vi >> NI VeriStand Server.lvlib:System Storage FG.vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,599 Views)

Hi a9449r,

Are both controllers configured for Windows under Operating Systems or do both controllers have the same IP address if they are not configured as Windows? 

You can only deploy 1 controller to localhost in each System Definition.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,595 Views)

Yes on Windows and IP address.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author a9449r

I got past this error by changing to one target, pharlap OS and updating the IP address.  Thanks for the help everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,580 Views)