VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074384569 in NI Veristand Custom Device while deplying code.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am relatively new to NI products but I have been learning them on the go while working. Here is the problem I have been encountering while trying to use Ni Veristand. The code for the custom device, the system definition file and the XML file was all given to me. All i had to do was connect to the RT target (checked through MAX), checked the XML file using XNET database editor, checked the system definition file using system explorer and to deploy the code. But I have been getting this error.

The Veristand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the system definition file.

Details:

Error - 1074384569 occured at Project window.lvlib;Project Window.vi>> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi>>NI_VS Workshapce ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI Veristand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF63147) The database information on the real time system has been created with an older NI- XNET version. This version is no longer supported. To correct this error, redeploy your database to the real time system.

I tried redeploying it after updating the XML file. I also installed latest XNET in the RT system. I am still getting this error.It would be great if I get some guidance. These are the products that I have installed in my laptop.

NI Veristand 2011 SP1

NI LabView 2011 SP1

NI XNET 1.6

Thank you in advance.

Vishwa.

[ EDIT ] -------------

Sorry I forgot to mention the hardware that I am using. It is NI PXIe 8133 chassis with NI PXI 7853R, NI PXI 7841R and two NI PXI 8512 .

Thank you.'

Vishwa.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,917 Views)

Hi Vishwa,

I have seen this error before where it is caused by a mismatch in the drivers between the host and the target.  It is possible that XNET was upgraded on the RT target, rather than doing a clean install. So, my suggestion would be to format your PXI target and do a clean install of the following components:
NI-XNET
NI VeriStand RT Engine

It should automatically select all dependencies for you.   After that, please try to create a new system definition file with an XNET port that associates with that database.

Best,

Ryan C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,877 Views)

Hello Ryan,

That was the first thing I wanted to do. But I want to ask this. Is there any way to solve this issue without formatting the PXI ?

Thank you.

Vishwa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,869 Views)

Hi Vishwa,

It is possible that just uninstalling those two components and then reinstalling them will do it, but I would assume that is not enough.  You may be able to try the Replication and Deployment (RAD) Utility to create an image of the software on the target, and then deploy it back again.

Best,

Ryan C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,844 Views)

I had the same error on an older (VeriStand 2009 + XNET 1.1.1) target. Reinstalling both of these on the target didn't help me. I ended up reformatting the RT machine which resolved it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,771 Views)

Sorry for the delayed response. I eventually ended up reformating the RT target. It is working fine now. I just wanted to know if there is any other solution other than reformating the RT target. 

Thank you. 

Vishwa

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,758 Views)

Sorry, my error was actually a slightly different one (about database cache file being too old). It sounds like both these errors are closely related though, and I too would like to know how to deal with this in the future without reformatting. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,749 Views)

The intended procedure is to initially do a clean install, rather than upgrade XNET on the RT target.

Aside from reformatting, you could try copying the database on the host, and then creating a new XNET alias.  This is the only other option I see.

Best,

Ryan C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,737 Views)

I got the same error when I created a new XNET alias. I did not try the clean install though. I will try that IF I get the error again. 

Thanks for the help Ryan !

Vishwa. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,729 Views)

Hello Ryan,

I am facing the same problem again. Even after completely formatting the target and doing a clean reinstall of all the drivers. I am confused ! Help !

Thank you.

Vishwa.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,628 Views)