From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable/Disable Custom Controls in Workspace

I want to disable a workspace custom control in Veristand whenever a test is active and then enable it whenever a test is inactive. The logic on the block diagram of the control is simple. I use the Veristand API vi's to monitor a User Channel ("Test Active") that is set to a one when a test is active and a zero when inactive. The value of "Test Active" is wired to a Case structure that contains the "Disable" property node in each frame with the appropriate constant (Disable and Grayed out or Enabled) wire to it. The problem is that the while loop on the block diagram of workspace controls only executes when the control is "clicked", much like an Event structure. The result being that when a test is active the control isn't disabled until it is "clicked" and once disabled any subsequent clicks are ignored so it remains disabled regardless of test activity. Enabling and disabling a control is pretty basic functionality. I can't believe this hasn't been encountered before. Does anyone have a way to do this or know of a work around?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,880 Views)

For example, "Numeric Control - Medium.vi" has a while loop and it starts running when the project deployed

if it has already been on workspace page.

Where do you place the property node?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,857 Views)
The Case structure that contains the property node is inside the While loop. The problem is the While loop only executes when the custom control (modified Boolean control) is "clicked". I verified this by wiring an indicator to the loop iteration terminal. It incremented only when the control was "clicked".
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,849 Views)
I resolved this issue by placing a parallel while loop on the block diagram of the control. This loop executes constantly and contains the enable/disable logic. It works exactly as I wanted.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,833 Views)

Good work!!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,822 Views)