From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Custom Device Template not in the Labview folder

I have downloaded and installed evaluation versions of both Labview 2011 and NI Veristand 2011 and am interested in exploring how the two interface with each other as a possible solution for an upcoming project. Based on on-line literature the Custom Device Template should have been installed atC:\...\Labview 2011\vi.lib\NI Veristand\Custom Device Tools\Custom Device Template Tool\Custom Device Template Tool.vi. When I navigate that path there is no "NI Veristand" folder in the vi.lib directory.

Was it installed elsewhere, or is it not installed with the evaluation version?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,691 Views)

I had a similar problem. I could not find the NI Veristand functions in Labview. I had installed Veristand (evaluation) before Labview (full version) and I was told that I needed to install Labview first.

After unistalling, reinstalling and activating Veristand, everything worked fine.

I also think you need to have the full version of VeriStand, not just the evaluation but I'm not sure.

Hope this help. (sorry, english is not my first language)

Message 2 of 3
(5,685 Views)

I can confirm PPrez's advice, because I ran into the same issue.

I reinstalled first my LabView 2017 without getting the Custom Device API libs.

Then I reinstalled VeriStand 2017 and voila, the API was there inside the National Instruments/LabView 2017/vi.lib/NI VeriStand Folder.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,080 Views)