VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Custom Device Template not in the Labview folder

I have downloaded and installed evaluation versions of both Labview 2011 and NI Veristand 2011 and am interested in exploring how the two interface with each other as a possible solution for an upcoming project. Based on on-line literature the Custom Device Template should have been installed atC:\...\Labview 2011\vi.lib\NI Veristand\Custom Device Tools\Custom Device Template Tool\Custom Device Template Tool.vi. When I navigate that path there is no "NI Veristand" folder in the vi.lib directory.

Was it installed elsewhere, or is it not installed with the evaluation version?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,694 Views)

I had a similar problem. I could not find the NI Veristand functions in Labview. I had installed Veristand (evaluation) before Labview (full version) and I was told that I needed to install Labview first.

After unistalling, reinstalling and activating Veristand, everything worked fine.

I also think you need to have the full version of VeriStand, not just the evaluation but I'm not sure.

Hope this help. (sorry, english is not my first language)

Message 2 of 3
(5,688 Views)

I can confirm PPrez's advice, because I ran into the same issue.

I reinstalled first my LabView 2017 without getting the Custom Device API libs.

Then I reinstalled VeriStand 2017 and voila, the API was there inside the National Instruments/LabView 2017/vi.lib/NI VeriStand Folder.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,083 Views)