Did you mean: 

Disagreement between declared System duty and actual duty

Solved!
Go to solution

I build a LVmodule,its diagram is as below:

diagram1.jpg

I complied the LVmodule and imported it into my VeriStand Project,see as below:

fig222.jpg

And then I made a workspace with three icon.

1\Medium numeric control 'self_add_in1' ,used for starting the  '+1' procedures,once I click the control to 1,it begin self add 1.

2\Medium numeric Indictor 'self_add_out1' ,used for showing the instant result of the  '+1' procedures.

3\a simple graph,used to show the module's time step duration.

their system path are as below:

path1.jpg

path1

path2.jpg

path2 ↑↑↑path3.pngpath3 ↑↑↑

Then I started the project. 

From the point moment when I clicked the first controller to one ,I begin timing with my watch,for 100seconds.after my watch reached 100 seconds,the 2\Medium numeric Indictor 'self_add_out1' is about 10048.While taking my operation amount of error into consideration,it is quite accurate ,the module rate is 10ms,and each time the module run ,it add 1.

But, it is greatly confusing from the graph,what is wrong ?the graph shows the average duty of the module is about 35ms. I am sure the something related to the graph is wrong ,Why? Where?

piccc1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,122 Views)

Sorry for the Graph is missed.piccc1.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,105 Views)

The unit of Time Step (actual Cycle Time) is in µs (us) instead of ms.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,037 Views)

It does not matter, the 'self add 1' indicator indeed reaches about 10000 when the timer reaches 100 s. so the 'real duty' must be 10ms in statistics.

But Veristand shows to me the 'time step duration' is not fixed to 10ms and obviously too large.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alii001

If I understand correctly your system actualy runs with the expected timing in the end but the value "time step duration" seems to high?

Actually the "time step duration" is not the time between to executions of your model but the duration of ONE execution of the model.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,015 Views)

I have got your idea,you mean the model indeed run once each 10ms, and each 'RUN' costs about 30~40us, thank you !

the "time step duration" is the time costs of each 'RUN', not the time length between two RUNs

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,011 Views)