From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diminished support for PXIe-4331 in VS2013

I am upgrading my system from VS2011 to VS2013. I have 7 PXIe-4331 bridge input modules installed across two PXIe-1075 chassis'. These modules were not natively supported in VS2011 and required a custom device add-on which was a free download from the ni website. The custom device fully supported the 4331 and was a very useful tool.

When I initiated the upgrade to VS2013 I went to the ni website for an updated version of the custom device and found that ni stopped updating it because the PXIe-4331 was natively supported starting with VS2012.

That's not entirely true. When I went to reconfigure my channels in VS2013 my only choice for bridge input was strain. The custom device offered a choice of strain, force, or pressure. All of the channels I am using are force or pressure inputs. Apparently, the force and pressure options were dropped when the custom device was implemented in VeriStand.

It's hard for me to believe that I am the first one to come up against this. Is anyone aware of a work around for this issue? Can the custom device for VS2011 be easily modified to work with VS2013?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,596 Views)

Hey Pmac,

When I deprecated the 433x custom device support I had forogtten about these measurement types. Sorry about that. I don't want to continue updating that custom device, so I will post a download on that page that adds in Force and Pressure to NIVS 2012 and 2013 in an hour or two.

Stephen B
Message 2 of 11
(7,563 Views)

OK posted. Let me know how that goes

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15404

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,549 Views)

I also reported this as a feature request to NIVS as CAR #456029

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,543 Views)
I just fixed a bug with pressure so if you already downloaded that, redownload it.
Also, I added torque for completeness.

Also, apparently this was already reported in CAR # 426506, so if you're tracking them... track that. The other one was closed as a duplicate
Stephen B
Message 5 of 11
(7,535 Views)

OK, Thanks.

There are a couple of issues with the force plugin. I've been working over the phone with Ryan C. he said he would get with you about these.

Thanks for the update.

pmac

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,528 Views)

Stephen B,

There still seems to be a bug with the pressure plugin. 

When I added a couple of  pressure channels and deployed the SDF, error -307526 "The XML file provided is invalid." was reported in the deployment log.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,497 Views)

Hmm I just tried it and it works... Can you try clearing out the plugin and reinstalling it?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,494 Views)

OK. Now it works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,491 Views)

Stephen

Any idea what happen to that post? 

I am working with a 4339 and would like the force or custom voltage with excitation measurement type.  I would also like the ability to use the shunt cal on the terminal block.  I have a DAQ plugin for 2013 that adds support for shunt cals, but can't port it over to 2014 as the VIs are stripped.  

Is there any documents that discuss creating these DAQ plugins? 

Thanks.
Rob
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,385 Views)