From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Error when using Modbus Custom Device for Pharlaps OS

Hello everyone!!

I'm using Veristand 2019 R3 & LabVIEW 2019 for my application. I want to use Modbus custom device in my Veristand system definition file. I have downloaded Modbus custom device from Veristand Add-on Github & copied it to my custom device location. 

Issue: When I try to deploy my system definition file to my RT Target, I'm receiving deployment error.

Deployment Error
Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Inline Custom Devices.vi >> Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi
Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x3EB) The VI is not executable. This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.
=========================

RT Target: Pharlaps

Veristand: Veristand 2019 R3

LabVIEW: LabVIEW 2019

What could be the reason for the above deployment error & how to resolve the same.

Thanks in advance

Jeejesh Kumar V

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,069 Views)

Error 1003 problems are not that fun. More background on that LabVIEW error:
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9fiSAC&l=en-US

VeriStand doesn't provide additional diagnostics to help you isolate the cause; but more often than not it is caused by
1) the Custom Device not installed correctly
2) dependency of your Custom Device not installed correctly (carefully check the README on the CD's github page to make sure you didn't skip any steps)
3) a bad path somewhere in the VI source code

4) a bad path supplied to the VI via configuration, that prevent the VIs from loading correctly on the RT target

The forums are littered with users that arrive at error 1003 from different directions; sorry that is the best guidance we have for you at this point in time.
Hopefully with some trial and error you can figure it out quickly.
Please reply here with your solution if you were able to work past it.

Darin Gillis
NI - Chief Product Owner - VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,011 Views)