From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy a custom tool to multiple veristand projects

I have developed a custom tool for veristand that I add to a project by opening the project, right clicking on "user interface", and selecting "configure tools".  I really need this custom tool to be available for all of my veristand projects.  There are about 40 of them right now.  Is there any way to add these tools to all projects without going through the manual process of adding them as described above?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,816 Views)

ScottTron,

I did some research into this question, and unfortunately, there isn't a way to mass add a tool to many projects. This would be akin to adding a LabVIEW VI to multiple LabVIEW projects. This can be done individually, but not really en masse. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

aprillest

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,774 Views)

Doing it 40 times looks bad...

Here is a totally unsupported VI (so don't ask anything ;)) that shows how to read the tools menu items from the .nivsproj file. It uses an underlying (undocumented) part of the VeriStand API. I've done half of the job here (some reverse-engineering). You can complete it to add custom tools item, and save it to the nivsproj file.

Once you are done you can run it on all your needed projects so you won't spend hours doing it in the future.

--Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

Message 3 of 3
(2,759 Views)