VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Device for Pickering 40-925

Hello.

I'm having difficulties with the Custom device for the Pickering 40-925 PXI card.

I have the Pickering 40-925-5/16 card and I'm using the custom Device prebuild on my Veristand 2011, but in deploying I get this error:

• Files successfully deployed to the targets.
• Starting deployment group 1...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Open VI Reference in NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Open Custom Device Driver VI Reference.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Launch Asynchronous Custom Device.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>
c:\ni-rt\VeriStand\Custom Devices\PICK-40-295-5-16\PICK-40-295-5-16 Engine.llb\PICK-40-295-5-16 RT Driver VI.vi

• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target RT-HIL-LAMBO has been lost.

I made a brand new Custom Device but the result doesn't change!
I've noticed that the NI custom device had 10 channels while my card has just 5 channels, that's why I made Experimentation on new Custom Devices.

Drivers for the 40-925-5/16 are installed into the PXI system.

Has anyone some experience with this device?

Thank you very much!

Davide Galli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,100 Views)

Hello David,

This error is occurring because the custom device is missing a dependency on the deployment target. 

The pickering dll ( I thinkpipx40_32.dll) that is installed on the host machine as part of the Pickering Driver also must be installed on the target. To resolve this error, transfer this dll from the C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\WinNT\Bin directory on the host to the C:\ni-rt\system\ directory on the target. 

Refer to Pickering’s website for additional instructions on properly installing the Pickering driver on the target.

Saluti!

Antonios
Message 2 of 5
(7,086 Views)

WOW!

Thank you Antonios. Now it's deploying correclty  on the target"

Actually I followed the pickering instruction for installation but (if I'm not wrong) It was said to transfer only the *.inf files.

Still thank's

Davide 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,080 Views)

😉

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,078 Views)

As of today... the instructions are STILL wrong. They say only to move the .inf files... This cost me days of banging my head against the wall... thanks so much for this thread!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,232 Views)