VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Device------RT Rebooted

HI all:

I have a strange problem about using Custom Device in VeriStand. After i developed a custom device (Inline HW)according to the methods on"niveristand_cd_dev_guide.pdf ", I builded it to the Default Directiory(Common Document..),and then added it to my System Definition(without any other setting). But when I deployed it to the RT Target, the message showen as the attachment,and the RT rebooted then into “Safe mode” ——System Error

I have also took anther test: Even I developed a Custom Device based on the Template without any added code, then added to my System Definition, the RT Target also encountered the same problem. I am very puzzled and need your help Strongly, Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My Sytem Configuraton is as following:

NI PXI 8106 RT Controller

VeriStand 2011 SP1

LabVIEW 2011 SP1

LV Real Time 2011SP1

Window XP

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,503 Views)
Hi.

To know the problem sink you need
to test a deployment of a veristand example project on the rt target.

1) If it is good the problem comes from your custom device.
If not, the problem is either your target either windows veristand installation either veristand run time installation on your target.

Maybe you could reinstall veristand on your target by max and try again.

2) if the problem is the custom device: check the dependancies of the custom device to see if all files are present at the deployment.

Try again with an asynchonous custom device template rather than an inline custom device.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,285 Views)