VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Controller using UI Manager on Veristand 2015SP1

Hello. I'm using UI Manager which released recently on VeriStand 2015 SP1.

I want to customize each object, Numeric Controller , String Controller.

Previous VeriStand version without UI Manger allows us to customize each object using VI file in
"Display Templates".
For example it let us set object gray-out controlling as disable action.

I can't find any file that relates to cutomize the objects.
Does anyone know that  the method of customizing each object in file on UI Manager?

Thank you,

Nori

Message 1 of 8
(4,683 Views)

We would like that too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,545 Views)

I'm usually not one to scream "me too!", but: Me too!

The new UI Manager looks really good in terms of functionality, but I would like to expand the functionality a bit. Right now I'm in the process of updating a customer's installation and it might be a good time to change the UI, too.

If it's a closed system, it's not really that attractive to change.

Also: What happened to the Logging Control? I can't find it...

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 3 of 8
(4,537 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately there is currently no public API or SDK to create new controls for the UI Manager.

Future versions of NIVS may include more information about that. One thing you must know is that UI Manager controls are not LabVIEW VIs, and if NI R&D decides to expose a SDK to allow creation and customization, you should be ready to take on serious C# development 🙂

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

Message 4 of 8
(4,517 Views)

I dont want to sound annoying but Veristand already comes with all a huge help file with all .NET API reference for interacting with VS from any .NET enabled language, so I dont see any more complication than we have already been exposed to.

Message 5 of 8
(4,513 Views)

I Agree with Claudio. No one assumed it would be simple, but I think it will be absolutely necessary for the future.

What happened to the Logging Control? Did I just overlook it?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,434 Views)

any news for Veristand 2017. I mean, it is possible to customize?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,512 Views)

Even in VeriStand 2018 there doesn't seem to be any functionality to customize UI Manager controls or indicators

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,486 Views)