From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating channels in veristand

I am creating channels in veristand. I use a for loop to automate the process and I have about 100 channels to create. The channels are grouped by module type. The problem is, that the whole procedure takes about 5-10 minutes. veristand shows the busy cursor and I can't do anything until this is finished. When it finishes all is fine. Is there a way to speed this up? I have attached a Jpg.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,287 Views)

The VIs you're using to supress the dialog can't be used on a page. I've x'd them out in this picture.

Your custom device is interesting, what is its purpose?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,276 Views)

Ok I'll do that, but that doesn't change the result. The custom device configures, and collects data from a cRIO using TCP. One thing to note, when I step through the channel creating process using a an index array instead of the fore loop I get a better result.

JY

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,270 Views)

Hmm, my mistake.

How many channels does this create? What is happening inside that subVI? The other things in the for loop don't look like much.

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,265 Views)

The sub vi is creating a section and adding channels--very simple.

JY

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,256 Views)

How many sections and channels are being created? NI VeriStand 2009 has a known issue that as the # being added increases, the speed degrades exponentially. If your channel count isn't huge (<200) I wouldn't expect this to take more than maybe 10-20 seconds.

The only thing that worries me is all the string manipulation, array building, and array initializing is probably hitting memory pretty hard, also I don't know what is in that parse VI. Although those operations will all pale in comparison to the slowdown experienced with adding a large amounts of items to the tree.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,252 Views)