VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy path of channels and parameters

In veristand, each channel or parameter has a path, such as:

"Targets/Controller/Simulation Models/Models/My_Program/Embedded Data Logger/Log File/Commands/Log Trigger"

I am working on an application where I need to use a bunch of these paths.  I'd like to copy the paths directly from Veristand for my selected channels and parameters.  Is there an easy way to do this in veristand?  I can see the paths in the "Manage Screen Items" tool within the Workspace, or if I edit each item in the workspace, but I can't seem to copy the path.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
(2,232 Views)

As far as I know, not really. If you're using TestStand, many of the VeriStand custom steps will open a configuration window and build the path by what you select in the window, but I'm not aware of anything native to VeriStand that will just display it. Tbh for a while I've been thinking about making a custom device to add a "get path" button, if I do I'll post it in the forums 

If anyone knows a way to easily get paths in VeriStand, I would love to hear it haha

JHP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,210 Views)

Hi,

I'm quite sure the best way to implement such a functionality would be to create a Custom Workspace Tool which will implement the desired functionality. In this tool you can call VeriStand System Definition API to reach the channel paths.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,205 Views)