VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing channel faults in the NI VeriStand UI Manager

When using the UI Manager in VeriStand to create Channel faults, we know that it is possible to change the values and deactivate the faults but the issue we are having is that the UI manager not only deactivates the fault but also removes the fault from the list. Is there any way around this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,760 Views)

Hey sgray,

Looking through our documentation, I don't believe that there's built-in functionality for this. In the VeriStand Channel Fault API, the Get Fault List function only returns the current list of channel faults. As soon as you clear one, it won't return that fault anymore. I think the idea is to always show the current list of faulted channels.

Could you give a little more context about what you're trying to do with the fault list? For example, do you just want to log all of the channel faults, or do you want to keep a running visual list of every time a channel faults?

Cheers,

Ryan C.

Message 2 of 6
(2,732 Views)

I work with sgray.

We are trying to toggle a fault to a certain value, then clear it, than set fault it to another value, etc.  We don't want to have to re-add the fault to the channel fault list every time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,715 Views)

Hey Freida,

Could you verify that you're using the following view for the configuration?

Fault Manager.PNG

I'll need to look into this a bit to see if there are any built-in options we can use for this. I'll let you know once I investigate.

Cheers,

Ryan C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,696 Views)

Yes, that is the view that we use.  Selecting the "Clear Fault" button removes the fault and the channel from the list.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,690 Views)

Hey Freida,

I spoke to R&D about this, and it looks like this is the expected behavior. I've created CAR 692098 to address this, so keep an eye out for this number in future releases.

Also, feel free to post this on the VeriStand Idea Exchange to help it gain traction.

Cheers,

Ryan C.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,660 Views)