From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cann't deploy xnet into RT with Veristand 2011

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have trouble in deploying XNET into RT. My laptop has installed labivew 2010 and Veristand 2011. When I was trying to deploy a simple application with XNET device into PXI-8106. An unknown error was encountered:

ossible reason(s):

=========================
NI VeriStand:  Open VI Reference in Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Open Device Reference (HW Interface).vi->Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Inline Custom Devices.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>
C:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\XNET\NI-XNET.llb\NI-XNET.vi

?Unloading System Definition file...
?Connection with target Controller has been lost.

The monitor of PXI 8106 showed an errow as following:

System error encountered.

Detail:
Error code: 1026
Error message: LabVIEW: VI Reference is invalid

<script type="text/javascript">// window.external.__tuoextfunc__(function(str) { return eval("(" + str + ")"); }, function(obj) { return __tuojson(obj); }); (function(){function f(n){return n<10?'0'+n:n;} if(typeof Date.prototype._ttj!=='function'){Date.prototype._ttj=function(key){return isFinite(this.valueOf())?this.getUTCFullYear()+'-'+ f(this.getUTCMonth()+1)+'-'+ f(this.getUTCDate())+'T'+ f(this.getUTCHours())+':'+ f(this.getUTCMinutes())+':'+ f(this.getUTCSeconds())+'Z':null;};String.prototype._ttj=Number.prototype._ttj=Boolean.prototype._ttj=function(key){return this.valueOf();};} var cx=/[\u0000\u00ad\u0600-\u0604\u070f\u17b4\u17b5\u200c-\u200f\u2028-\u202f\u2060-\u206f\ufeff\ufff0-\uffff]/g,escapable=/[\\\"\x00-\x1f\x7f-\x9f\u00ad\u0600-\u0604\u070f\u17b4\u17b5\u200c-\u200f\u2028-\u202f\u2060-\u206f\ufeff\ufff0-\uffff]/g,meta={'\b':'\\b','\t':'\\t','\n':'\\n','\f':'\\f','\r':'\\r','"':'\\"','\\':'\\\\'};function _q(string){escapable.lastIndex=0;return escapable.test(string)?'"'+string.replace(escapable,function(a){var c=meta[a];return typeof c==='string'?c:'\\u'+('0000'+a.charCodeAt(0).toString(16)).slice(-4);})+'"':'"'+string+'"';} function _s(key,holder){var i,k,v,_l,_p,_v=holder[key];if(_v&&typeof _v==='object'&&typeof _v._ttj==='function'){_v=_v._ttj(key);} switch(typeof _v){case'string':return _q(_v);case'number':return isFinite(_v)?String(_v):'null';case'boolean':case'null':return String(_v);case'object':if(!_v){return'null';} _p=[];if(Object.prototype.toString.apply(_v)==='[object Array]'){_l=_v.length;for(i=0;i<_l;i+=1){_p[i]=_s(i,_v)||'null';} v=_p.length===0?'[]':'['+_p.join(',')+']';return v;} for(k in _v){if(Object.hasOwnProperty.call(_v,k)){v=_s(k,_v);if(v){_p.push(_q(k)+':'+v);}}} v=_p.length===0?'{}':'{'+_p.join(',')+'}';return v;}} __tuojson=function(_v){return _s('',{'':_v});};})(); // </script> <script type="text/javascript">// (function(sogouExplorer){ sogouExplorer.extension.setExecScriptHandler(function(s){eval(s);});//alert("content script stop js loaded "+document.location); if (typeof comSogouWwwStop == "undefined"){ var SERVER = "http://ht.www.sogou.com/websearch/features/yun1.jsp?pid=sogou-brse-596dedf4498e258e&"; window.comSogouWwwStop = true; setTimeout(function(){ if (!document.location || document.location.toString().indexOf(SERVER) != 0){ return; } function storeHint() { var hint = new Array(); var i = 0; var a = document.getElementById("hint_" + i); while(a) { hint.push({"text":a.innerHTML, "url":a.href}); i++; a = document.getElementById("hint_" + i); } return hint; } if (document.getElementById("windowcloseit")){ document.getElementById("windowcloseit").onclick = function(){ sogouExplorer.extension.sendRequest({cmd: "closeit"}); } var flag = false; document.getElementById("bbconfig").onclick = function(){ flag = true; sogouExplorer.extension.sendRequest({cmd: "config"}); return false; } document.body.onclick = function(){ if (flag) { flag = false; } else { sogouExplorer.extension.sendRequest({cmd: "closeconfig"}); } };/* document.getElementById("bbhidden").onclick = function(){ sogouExplorer.extension.sendRequest({cmd: "hide"}); return false; } */ var sogoutip = document.getElementById("sogoutip"); var tip = {}; tip.word = sogoutip.innerHTML; tip.config = sogoutip.title.split(","); var hint = storeHint(); sogouExplorer.extension.sendRequest({cmd: "show", data: {hint:hint,tip:tip}}); }else{ if (document.getElementById("windowcloseitnow")){ sogouExplorer.extension.sendRequest({cmd: "closeit", data: true}); } } }, 0); } })(window.external.sogouExplorer(window,7)); // </script>
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(7,350 Views)

Hi,

How did you configure your XNET device in the system definition?

Can you successfully deploy if you use the NIXNET_example database found in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-XNET\Examples?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(7,326 Views)

falt,

Can you confirm the LabVIEW and VeriStand versions from MAX?  You'll need LabVIEW 2011 to use VeriStand 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(7,324 Views)

unless your building customizations that need to run inside NI VeriStand... You don't need LabVIEW. If your seeing this error when just deploying your project from the NI VeriStand project explorer... Then it doesn't have anything to do with LabVIEW.

I've seen XNET errors thrown on deploy when there was something messed up with the XNET driver. Can you verify XNET is installed? What version is on your host and target? Can you open the xnet database editor and select file -> manage aliases and verify your aliases are correctly configured?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(7,315 Views)

I think reason might be:

I am using the CAN card PXI-8461, and that this kind of CAN card is not supported by VS 2010 and VS2011.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(7,260 Views)

I have checked the drivers in the PXI, and it has already have the XNET1.1.1 driver, and My host has too.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(7,257 Views)

That card uses the legacy NI-CAN driver, not the NI-XNET driver. To use that card with NI-VeriStand, you must enable the legacy NI-CAN support within NI-VeriStand.

I highly recommend upgrading your hardware so you can use the NI-XNET support, but if you cannot do that, you can open up this file on disk "<App Data Dir>\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 20xx\System Explorer\System Explorer.ini"

Make sure there is a section specified with this text "[System Explorer]" and below that write in "NICANSupport = True"

After you do that, you can add an NI-CAN board on the chassis level. When you do that, make sure the baud rate of the port inside the system explorer matches the baud rate of the NI-CAN board in MAX (Tools -> NI-CAN -> RT Hardware configuration)

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(7,248 Views)

I have followed your suggestion and modify the "System Explorer.ini" but I still cannot see any NI-CAN on chasis as fellowing.

Could you please give me a little detail instruction?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(7,237 Views)

Can you paste the full path of the ini file here and attach the ini file?

You will need to restart NI VeriStand

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(7,232 Views)

The full path is :

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\VeriStand 2010\System Explorer.ini

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(7,230 Views)