cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN BUS VIEWER

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I'm using a NI9862 module with a CRIO9081 in order to recover CAN data from an other device. I correctly power the module and configure the software with all the drivers. 

My problem is that when i start the "BUS data viewer" under MAX, there is no data. But when i use PCAN with my device, PCAN find tha CAN data correclty...

Is there a special configuration under Max for the BUS viewer ?

(I've correctly set the rate, and the module drivers...)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,348 Views)

Hey Vincent,

I can't recall exactly, but I think the BUS Data Viewer is a feature shipped with the NI-CAN driver. With the NI 9862, you would instead be using the NI-XNET driver, so you'll want to verify your data with the NI-XNET Bus Monitor. You can access it either from your Start Menu or directly in VeriStand under your Workspace>>Tools>>NI-XNET Bus Monitor.

If you're going to be monitoring a remote CAN port (say on an RT PXI), you'll want to also select the 'Remote' option.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 9
(5,337 Views)

Yes, right i'm using the NI-XNET bus monitor as you said, but still nothing on it while the PCAN receive data. Maybe i have to select the CAN database in the bus monitor or something like that...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,310 Views)

Ok, i've read the "NI-Xnet hardware and software manual and i find about the bus monitor : "The Bus Monitor supports Windows targets only." while i am using my CRIO as Pharlap target, maybe it's the reason, bad for me...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,306 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincentlg

Hi Vincent,

Have you tried navigating to the Settings>>Interfaces and Database Settings and setting the Run Mode setting to Subordinate if your CAN port is being reserved and used by your VeriStand application when you are trying to monitor the traffic?

Message 5 of 9
(5,293 Views)

Ok, perfect it's working with the subordinate mode !

Thanks a lot for the help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,288 Views)

How can i record data?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,614 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,600 Views)

Thanks for the reply but I couldn’t save the data.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,571 Views)