VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are RT cDAQ controllers supported by Veristand?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 9137 running Linux RT.

Can I use it with Veristand?

The documentation makes it clear that it will work with cRIO or PXI controllers but I am not 100% clear on RT cDAQ.

Many Thanks

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,808 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author niNickC

Hi Nick. VeriStand does not support CompactDAQ controllers running Linux Real-Time. This is documented in the help in a few places, but it is a bit hard to find. This help page includes the note, "VeriStand is not supported on x64 Intel-based cDAQ controllers running NI Linux Real-Time."

Message 2 of 5
(2,789 Views)

Thats a bummer.

Whats the fundamental limitation here? Veristand does support NI Linux RT on other targets right?

Is support likely to be ever added?

Thanks so much

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,785 Views)

Good question, Nick. VeriStand is designed (and built on) single-point, closed-loop control. See this KB for a little more detail about this. The reason CompactDAQ controllers running Linux RT aren't supported in VeriStand is because these controllers do not support hardware-timed single point sample mode for any task type. See this document for a more complete list of devices that don't support hardware-timed single point acquisition.

Hopefully that clears things up!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,775 Views)

Hi, yes this does clear things up. Obviously begs the question why RT cDAQ doesn't support HTSP... some internal architecture compromise I guess but I also guess this is beyond the scope of the Veristand board!

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,768 Views)