From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Folder Structure Best Practice

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on best practices of creating Alias Folder Structure. In my project, I'm having 3 Multi-function DAQ and 2 FPGA, all of them have mostly have AI, AO, DI, DO and counters. I have created a custom device to generate different functions like sine, triangular etc. In my system I have some simulation models as well which takes some of the user input, and some of the AI value to generate the AO and Display parameters.

Now I want to command my VeriStand Workspace only using the Alias names not the direct channel names from LabVIEW. Also I want to keep the Alias folder grouping, as generic as possible, so that in case our hardware changes in future, Alias Name or the folder structure should not be changes, only changing the Alias Mapping will be enough.

can someone suggest some best practice, or share any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,366 Views)

Hello,

For my projects I mostly used VeriStand for Verification test-benches.

I grouped aliases by functionality and type. For example I had channels used to control system (defined by machine/system, they are fixed, used in control loops and models) and channels used only measurement (could vary from setup to setup). 

My aliases are grouped in 2 groups: "System sensors/channels" and "Measurement sensors/channels", each group has subgroups for channel type: AI,DI,DO,AO, Counter etc. This structure is HW independent and focuses on functionality of Veristand project.

Vuk Obradović
Technical lead / Senior R&D Engineer at Noffz Forsteh technologies d.o.o.
Message 2 of 2
(2,324 Views)