VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting a Channel Value from a Custom Device

Solved!
Go to solution

I am building my own embedded data logger that allows me to specify a non generic file destination during runtime and write metadata to the file pre-test

I am changing the channel value for the device command after a command has been triggered, as does the NI logger (i.e. write 1 to open file, file opens and CD sets the channel back to zero which puts the CD into idle state).  To do this i was using the Workspace Manager to get a reference and write to the channel which works fine when the project is deployed to the local host however when deploying to a PharLap RTOS it causes the target to crash on deployment, so after much messing (rebuilding the CD with just the init and main page, deploying successfully and thus the issue lies with the RT Engine) I have come to the conclusion it is probably because the IP address to the Open Workspace Manager Reference was thinking it was on the local host (i.e. empty string at input) so now im going to try deploy by inputting the gateway IP address, which is the hosts IP address I think.

It seems strange to have to link back to the host in order to write to a channel on the RT from a CD which is running on the RT, am I missing some kind of trick here? Is there a better way to set a channels value from a CD running on the target? 

I've added the RT Driver code from the CD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,024 Views)

quick update:

i tried to use the IP address for the host and the target as the gateway address for the Workspace Manager get reference VI and it still caused the target to crash on deployment so now i have completely removed that functionality from the CD and (all WS VI's gone from code) and now it deploys so definitely down to using the WS manager reference VI's 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ecleary42

Hi,

the NIVS .net API is only supported on Windows operating system.Therefore it will never work on NI Linux RT or Pharlap. Try to learn from the Waveform Data Logger Custom Device.

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 3 of 3
(2,005 Views)