cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort Alarm Procedure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

For my project, I want to run a procedure as the alarm occurs, but the alarm must not reset unless the user acknowledge it. To achieve this, I'm using a user channel as "Alarm Acknowledgement" and holding the procedure for that channel.

The issue I'm facing is, in case the alarm is in trip, and the user disable and enable the alarm, and the alarm gets cleared, but my procedure is still waiting for the acknowledge.

At this point if the alarm comes back, the procedure won't run because it is executing the last time's "wait for ack case"

Is there any way I can abort the procedure when it is being disabled during tripped state ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,736 Views)

Hi meBaga,

I would make two alarms, one for this condition where the user must acknowledge (Alarm 1), and one for when the user channel Acknowledge button (alarm 2) has been pressed.  So if the alarm goes off (alarm 1), the procedure gets called to do whatever, then use the procedure alarm settings to Enable the user channel Acknowledge button alarm (alarm 2), and another to Disable the current alarm (alarm 1) and exit.  When the user presses the Acknowledge button the Acknowledge button alarm (alarm 2) is triggered and in its procedure Enable Alarm 1, and disable the Acknowledge Button alarm (alarm 2) and exit.

Good Luck

Josh

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,725 Views)

Hi joshe,

Thanks for your reply, your method should work as well, but I have a huge application, and if I double the number of alarm's it will become extremely painful to manage, remember and debug. So if you can suggest any other work around, it would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author meBaga

I got another way to implement this, I'm now using different Acknowledge channels (User input channel) for different alarm, and for identification purpose, I am keeping them with same name. When I'm enabling them, I'm giving the Acknowledge value as default, so in case the procedure was running from prev instance, it will exit.

This works Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,696 Views)

Glad you found a solution!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,684 Views)