From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128bit Absolute Time system channel on PXI

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear community,

at university we have a setup with several PXI systems running VeriStand 2018. These contain one PXI 6683H synchronization module each, which are connected both to a switch with PTP (ordinary network switch) and GPS.

I would like to achieve two things:

1. Get a higher precision absolute time value. The VS system channel Absolute Time contains the entire number of seconds since Jan. 1 1904. Therefore, the subsecond resolution is limited to 10^-6 (least significant digit). In the documentation this value is described as a double coerced from a 128bit integer. Is it possible to extract more subsecond resolution in Veristand somehow?

2. How can I force Veristand to start the primary control loop and thus model execution at exactly a full second? There exists a command for this in the Stimulus Profile editor, but it does not appear to work. It is only possible to start on a full second up to the value of 10^-4. The lower digits of the Absolute time channel value are never 0.

I would be delighted if someone could help me with these problems. I'm a master student working on my thesis. My supervisor tried to find out from his contact at NI, but didn't get an answer unfortunately.

Best regards,

Steffen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,276 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author steffen_b

Heya,

For the first question, I can advise you to make a LabVIEW model with the seconds to date/time vi. And regarding the 10^-4 of the second delay to start the PCL is expected in the VeriStand engine.

Message 2 of 3
(1,220 Views)

Hey,

thanks for the reply. Good to know that this is expected behaviour in Veristand, at least we can compensate for this if a trusted, accurate timing source is used.

I did some more investigation, and the given time stamp double precision appears to be sufficient.

Best regards,

steffen_b

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,201 Views)